Each of these options is good in its way and has its performance indicators. Previously, the biggest saucepans in the kitchen were aluminum appliances, and they have excellent thermal conductivity, and all products in it cook quickly.
Each kitchen has saucepans to help women cook and preserve food and products. It is a particular container, most often metal, intended for cooking. With their help, you can cook on an open fire and in the oven. Its distinctive feature is that there are handles on the sides and is closed by a lid on top.
Today, manufacturers dictate a unique fashion for saucepans; they appear in new forms, types, types, with different coatings and purposes. To understand how to choose the right thing, you first need to understand the varieties of these devices.
First of all, the saucepans were divided according to the material of production. The main range of products is made from such substances:
- Stainless steel;
- Nickel chrome steel;
- Cast iron;
- Enamelled steel.
They are light and cheap, but for the same reason, they promptly deform and give in to chemical influences, so homemakers gradually stop buying such products. Stainless steel products replaced them, such a set will be exceptionally hygienic, resistant to alkalis, acids, and high temperature. It is recommended to use products with a double or triple coating of the bottom, and then there is less chance of burning food.
Another popular type is enamel saucepans for cooking, they are made of cast iron or black steel, and covered with several layers of smooth enamel. Due to this, the chemical elements of the metal do not affect food. It is exploited with any food, but it is better not to cook dairy products in it.
Some manufacturers make saucepans made of refractory ceramics, plastic, glass, they are also used on stoves, in ovens. Easy to clean and quickly conduct heat. The only exception is the plastic pan; it is only suitable for storing raw or cooked foods.
The classification of the pot does not end with the materials, and they can also be divided by type, form, and method of application. According to these criteria, manufacturers distinguish the following types of saucepans:
- The pot. Unique look without handles on the sides.
- Kazan. It is a small or large boiler with a round bottom, narrowed to the bottom, full top. Its main characteristic is thick walls, so food never burns.
- A pan for baking. Instruments are made of unique heat-resistant ceramics that do not lend themselves to high temperatures. It can easily be put in the oven at high temperatures.
- A pan for warming up. Glass-ceramic or plastic is often used for this class. They are designed to heat food in the microwave at moderate temperatures.
- Bucket. It is a unique device with one long handle of different sizes, and there may be a cover in the kit. It is made from different materials and can be used for any purpose.
- Mantovarka. According to external data, it resembles a double boiler, has 3-4 tiers, and is used for the preparation of manti.
- Tajine. Suitable for cooking in the oven or for stewing. In it, the products do not burn and do not dry out. How to choose the right pan
Before choosing a pan, it is recommended to watch customer reviews, consult with friends, and consult sellers. To select a successful model, you need to look at the main characteristics, which include size, volume, depth, wall thickness, internal coating, etc.
Manufacturers often make a Teflon coating inside the pan, which is saved from burning, but over time it can be damaged, and non-stick properties are lost. There is also a ceramic, marble, and enamel coating. saucepans without a non-stick layer slowly heat up, but are not susceptible to corrosion and chemicals and can rust if they come into contact with water frequently.